Halloween x 4


Pictures:
* Halloween happiness! This is the first time the kids put their costumes on and they were ready for some candy!
* Our BIG pumpkins (grown by papa) and a few funny ones too.
* Our BIG pumpkins (grown by papa) and a few funny ones too.
* Zoo Boo with the Blasy's
* Buzz Lightyear and his buddy, Dr. Seuss (Jackson)
* The Logan family at the Zoo
* Celebrating daddy's birthday
Four kids + four Halloween events = A LOT of fun (and 8.4 lbs of treats!)
Four kids + four Halloween events = A LOT of fun (and 8.4 lbs of treats!)
Kyle was very excited leading up to Halloween and shared all the benefits of the holiday with his siblings. He spent many evenings looking through the costume catalogs. A friend of mine had the Wizard of Oz costumes for the triplets and I was hoping that Kyle would join in on the theme as the Lion. As you can see from the pictures, he desperately wanted to be Buzz Lightyear. This was the first year that he had a strong opinion, so Buzz it was!
The festivities started on Wednesday when mom, dad and I took the kids to Kroger to trick or treat. They had games, activities and trick or treating. This was a great way to ease into Halloween as it was inside and not very crowded.
Kyle's preschool had a Halloween party on Friday followed by a costume parade. We took the triplets there for the parade, in their costumes. Everyone had a great time! They enjoyed waving at the cars driving by as they honked.
On Saturday, we went to Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo with our friends, the Blasy's. We had a great time, walking through the zoo, stopping at the different stations for candy. The choo choo wagon was a big hit and we got a lot of looks and comments, as always. There were several people that wanted to take pictures of the kids, still very interesting to me. Kyle, Jackson and Drew enjoyed walking around the zoo and loved the reptile house. The last candy stop was giving out apples. Ryan, Brooke & Jack each wanted to eat them right away and as we continued to walk through the zoo (by now in darkness), I noticed that Brooke had eaten so much of the apple, she had eaten through the core and only had a small portion left! She had a fit when I took it away from her as she wanted to finish it. I checked on the boys and Ryan was doing the same thing! We continued walking and I soon noticed that Brooke had found something else in her pail...a roll of Smarties, that she decided to eat right through the wrapper to get to the candy! I wish I would have taken a picture. Classic.
The week concluded with trick or treating in the neighborhood on Sunday. It was very chilly out so we had to add a few extra layers. We decided to try and walk as the triplets were going to just go to a few houses. In years past, Kyle was hesitant to go up to the houses by himself but definitely came out of his shell this year! The triplets weren't far behind. Jack thought it was more fun to ring the doorbell so he did it often. He even tried to get through the front door of a home that had a cat :-) It was very cute because earlier in the day we practiced what to say when you went up to a house (trick or treat!) and then what you say after you get your candy (thank you!). They had a little stage fright but were all very polite trick or treaters. After it took us 20 minutes to get to the eight houses in the court, we decided we better get the choo choo wagon for the rest of the trip. Kyle made sure we didn't skip too many houses and everyone had a blast. When we were nearing the end, I noticed that Brooke was trying to eat through the wrapper of a Tootsie Roll! Honestly, we do feed her dinner :-) Ryan was pretty shy, as always, but didn't miss an opportunity to get candy!
Mom & dad came over to help with the festivities and we also celebrated Ed's birthday (Nov 1).
After the triplets went to bed, Kyle and Ed emptied out all of the candy and organized it. I think our candy will last us until next Halloween! We're all still on a sugar high.





2 Comments:
Love it!!! The costumes are ADORABLE!!! I know what you mean- we did the theme (for the Little's party at least) and at first Joe was not cool with the idea because he didn't want to be something similar to his sister. Thankfully he caved! That wagon is AWESOME!! I totally forgot about Zoo Boo!!! Hopefully I'll remember it next year! Love Papa's Pumpkins too! (I was wondering if he grew veggies too! I know his flowers are gorgeous!!)
Hugs-
L
Hey mama!! Great update!! You do a great job on here.....Love the pictures!! WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER! I know we say that a hundred times a week, so LETS DO IT!!??
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home