The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Five Months!

Wow, time is just a flyin'! I don't have pictures to post because I haven't had the time or energy to upload any :-) The babies were officially (as I calculate it anyways!) five months old yesterday. My dad said he feels like they've been with us forever and sometimes I think that and other times it feels like they came home from the hospital just yesterday. It is so much fun to watch them grow up. They seem to be changing so quickly and doing so many exciting things. They are all giggling, for daddy anyways! It's so cute to watch.

Jack is still having spit up/screaming issues so we're going to the doctor tomorrow. We tried the cereal in the bottle trick and that did nothing but make him finish his bottle faster! I'm anxious to figure out what the problem might be because it's so sad to see him upset. Typically he's a happy baby and loves to lay on a blanket with his siblings, looking at them and reaching...they tend to all reach for each others hands.

Brooke loves to be held and cuddled. She's such a sweet, smiley little girl and will let you know how much she doesn't want you to set her down and give her brothers any attention :-) She's getting better at the thought of sleeping through the night albeit in our bedroom in the pack and play. It's amazing how they know when you're close by! She's recently found her hands and loves to put them in front of her face and talk to them!

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. I keep saying I should give out an award every week for "Logan baby of the week". My little Rye Rye would win most of the time these days :-) He's the most laid back baby who loves to sit in his aquarium swing, watching the lights overhead. Most of time we can count on him to be the patient one and wait to eat, get changed, etc. And when it's time for bed, we'll swaddle him and lay him down and he goes to sleep...ahhhh, I love that! He is a little more liberal about giving out a smile too and also loves his hands. He prefers to suck on them lately!

And our big boy, Kyle, has now officially given up his bottle (I know, I know...that should have happened a year ago but I didn't have the heart *or energy* to do it?!?!!) He would drink anything else out of a cup or sippy but not milk, and it was part of our routine. Anyways, we tried last week and it was much easier than I thought, however, he's definitely not drinking as much as he used to. I guess we'll solve that issue next. Cheryl and Nicole (daycare provider and her daughter) bought him a special treat (markers, coloring book, drawing kit, etc) because they were so proud of him...so cute! We're working on the potty training...he's not such a fan yet. He's much better at doing it with Miss Cheryl than at home. I'll get strict on this one eventually...in my spare time :-)

Tonight proved to me that it's probably good that I don't have margarita mix (or tequila) at home right now. Ed was out of town on his first overnight trip last night and my parents spent the night (thanks guys!) and we had lots of fun..and a good nights sleep! Tonight, Ed wasn't going to be home until around 9 pm and I had a neighborhood board meeting at the house. All hell broke loose before everyone left, it was after Kyle's bedtime and the babies were hungry! Thank goodness one of my wonderful neighbors stayed to feed a baby (thanks Jeff!) and I tackled the other two while Kyle wanted lots of attention and enjoyed showing off for everyone. Oh yes, can't forget that I had to put Macey in my bedroom so she wouldn't annoy everyone. Of course she proceeded to bark the ENTIRE time....Calgon, take me away!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger samantha said...

I cannot believe they are FIVE MONTHS ALREADY!!! Got your email about this weekend - off to email you back.

March 11, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Kristin and Paul Dood said...

The babies are adorable and big brother Kyle is so handsome! Sounds like things are crazy, but wonderful. Five months already! You are doing a great job! Talk to you soon!

March 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most people would have given up on the neighborhood board meeting and started drinking daily by now, so I'd say you're doing well! Katy

March 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home