I'm HOME! Can you believe it?!?!
Wow...what a big day today! I had my appointment at the Perinatal Assessment Center this afternoon. They measured the babies (more about them later!) and most importantly, measured the length of my cervix. Prior to being admitted to the hospital two weeks ago, it was 3.6cm. Then at my doctors appointment on August 5th, it shortened significantly to 0.7cm. Hence the reason I was admitted to the hospital as they were concerned I would go into labor. Well today, my cervix had elongated to 2.7cm (miracle!) and when they applied pressure on my stomach (to simulate a contraction) it only went down to 1.6cm. Needless to say, they were very pleased with the change from two weeks ago. Based on that fact, they decided to release me today! All it took was a 12 pack of Sam Adams for the doctor to get me sprung!
Mom, dad and Kyle brought me home late this afternoon. It took three wheelchairs to get me and all of the "stuff" I had collected over the past few weeks out to the car! Everyone was so great at the hospital over the past few weeks but it was so great to come home to my house, lay on MY couch, have my things and watch Kyle play all night rather than a few hours at the hospital. Macey was very excited to see me too...life is good.
Baby Update
As I said earlier, they did all of the important measurements for the babies. Everyone is doing well and they continue to grow and move around like crazy. Here are their latest stats:
Ryan (baby A) he's laying down low, at the bottom! weight: 2 lb 2 oz (45th percentile)
Brooke (baby B) shes's on my right side weight: 1 lb 15 oz (24% percentile)
Jack (baby C) he's on my left side & on top weight: 2 lb 6 oz (65% percentile)

2 Comments:
So glad you got to go home but sad that I won't get to visit with you daily (or as much as my work sked allowed it).
Yeah for lots of Logans!!!
Hi Jen, So happy to hear that you're back home. As they say in OZ "there's no place like home, there's no place like home". Anyways Fred and I wanted you to know that our thoughts are with you and that we're so glad for the great news. I look at the picture and can't believe that you're still able to stand. You are so strong. We're off to Scotland tomorrow morning for 4 days. Will check back to see how things are going when we get home. Cheers from England and our love to all the Logans present and on their way!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home