Triplets!?
Today we were headed to Champaign to see Ed's family for the weekend. Prior to our trip, we had our first Ultrasound to see how many babies we were going to be blessed with. We met my parents at the clinic and they took Kyle to entertain him while we did the US. I was a nervous wreck, just hoping to still see at least one embryro with a heartbeat. They tell you you're pregnant but you don't believe it until you actually see the ultrasound and the little heartbeat. I couldn't see the screen too well but Ed could. As soon as she turned on the screen, Ed said, "do I see three?". The tech said "hmmm, I think so" - I think she was just as shocked as we were. I looked at Ed with disbelief and so many things were going through my mind...some which I can't mention :-) How in the world could I carry triplets? What will Kyle think? What will we do?! Etc, etc...After I picked myself up mentally and came back to the moment, I was then excited to tell the world.
My parents met us back at the clinic and they said, "well????". We said, we have pictures, let's go to Panera and sit down. My dad said that he instantly knew there were three. Maybe it was because Ed and I couldn't take the grins off of our faces. We sat down and Ed was showing them the ultrasounds and said, "here's baby A", my parents said "and...?" he then flipped to the next picture and said "and baby B", they then said, "and...?" while holding their chairs! He then flipped to the next one and said "and baby C!!!!". I don't think we'll ever forget their expressions :-) We celebrated briefly then we had to make the long car ride. We spent the whole trip calling family and close friends to share our exciting news. What an amazing day and how lucky we felt!
And the doctor told us we had less than a 4% chance of all three embryos attaching. When I called the nurse at CCRM to tell her the great news, she said we needed to play the lottery because we were definitely lucky today!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home